1. Take Risks…in your wardrobe and in your life! Go ahead, mix plaid with polka dots, tell your boss about your new project ideas.
2. Start Fresh. Go through your closet and pick out the items that are out of style or looking dingy and abused. Donate these items and treat yourself to a few new buys.
3. Treat Yourself. Be selfish every once in a while. Make a promise to yourself to do something frivolous once a month. Whether it be buying yourself something new, indulging in a filet Mignon at Fogo de Chao, or grab a massage or manicure.
4. Mix Things Up. If you have a routine, change it up- break the pattern, rearrange your schedule. If you don’t have a routine, start one!
5. Commit to Being Healthy! Eat better- start by replacing your morning Joe with a banana, choosing organic, local foods, and opting for veggies and fruits as snacks.
6. Dress Better. Go for quality over quantity. As a guy, you can get away with having just a few really nice dress shirts, rotating them, and incorporating variation through neck-wear! Take advantage of the post X-Mas sales and stock up on staples!
7. Be Confident. Knowing your strengths and liking yourself can go a long way in advancing yourself in professional and social settings.
8. Treat People Better. Forgive those who wronged you. Take an interest in others. Smile at strangers. Spend more time with friends and family.
9. Work Out. Join a gym and register for some classes- try spinning, or Zumba, or a few sessions with a personal trainer.
10. Volunteer. Find a cause you believe in and start contributing. Time is just as useful as money. Volunteer at a shelter, local school, clinic, etc. Not only will you be helping others but you can also add some Pro Bono work to your resume.
Don’t forget to checkout the NYE Style Guide to look your best when bringing in 2014!
- How to Succeed with New Year’s Resolutions Once And for All (brothermurf.wordpress.com)
- New Year’s Resolutions (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)