When buying something for your wardrobe, the material, or fabric, is just as important, if not more important than the design of the item. The rule-of-thumb here is to always check the tag for 100%, or pure, fabrics.
L I N E N W O O L S U E D E
Shirts: 100% Cotton
Ties: 100% Wool or 100% Silk
Belts: 100% Leather
- Business Casual: 100% Suede or 100% (Genuine) Leather
- Dress: 100% Leather
Sports Coats/ Blazers :
- 100% Wool: Slightly heavier, structured, classic
-Wool/Cashmere Blend (The only acceptable blend): rich, elegant
- 100% Suede: Can be more casual, or more hip/trendy
- 100% Cotton Twill: Softer, more relaxed
- 100% Linen: Cooler fabric, country-club-esque
Suit Coats: 100% wool or 100% Linen
A pure, 100% fabric choice is going to translate to a higher price tag, but with that comes higher quality. You are paying for something that is going to last, while maintaining its comfort and structure.